CPP Is A Non-profit, Education-Based Theatre Company For Children And Adults
Serving the California Coachella Valley and Beyond Since 1995
EDUCATIONAL IMPACT THEATRE - WHERE EVERYBODY PLAYS
SPRING 2019 MAJOR PRODUCTION
MARY POPPINS JR.
THE McCALLUM THEATRE!
May 14 and May 15, 2019
SIX DAYTIME SHOWS FOR SCHOOL AUDIENCES:
TUESDAY, MAY 14 @ 9:10 a.m., 10:40 a.m. and 12:10 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 15 @ 9:10 a.m., 10:40 a.m. and 12:10 p.m.
ONE NIGHTTIME SHOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
TUESDAY, MAY 14 @ 7:00 p.m.
TEACHERS LOOKING FOR EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT MATERIALS?
Words & Music by Richard Sherman and Robert Sherman
Book by Julian Fellowes
New Songs and additional music and lyrics by
George Stiles and Anthony Drewe
Co-created by Cameron MacIntosh
Mary Poppins Jr. is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized materials are supplied by Music Theatre International,
421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Broadway Junior and MTI’s Broadway Junior Collection are trademarks of Music Theatre International. www.MTIShows.com
All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 10087, Palm Desert, CA 92255-0087 +++ Phone: 760/303-1990 +++ 501(c)(3) California Corporation +++ Federal ID #33-0730102
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CPP'S MAJOR MAIN STAGE PRODUCTIONS
- Casts of 30 to 80+ local children, teens and adults participate for free and learn from qualified instructors, staff and artists.
- Primary audience is local schools on field trips - over 7500 students see each spring production!
- Six daytime school/group shows over two weekdays, one evening public show.
- Professionally produced and staged, including costumes, makeup, sets & props.
- Performed at local theatres, including the McCallum and Camelot.
- Original adaptations based, in most instances, on literary works included in State reading lists.
- Tailored to capture the interest of all ages and grade levels.
- Currently 1 per season in Spring (May/June) with more where finances permit.
- Shows run approximately one hour.
- Minimal per seat school costs (currently $6) with active effort to seek sponsors to provide free seats where possible.
- Educational Support Materials provided attending schools in order to assist teachers in meeting State Standards with lesson plans, activities and information related to the specific production.
- Workshops incorporated with rehearsals assist in teaching young actors (and more mature ones) how to develop and improve their skills while learning theatre etiquette and other valuable lessons.
- Involvement of entire families through volunteer assistance with all aspects of each production (set building, props, costumes, make-up, etc.).
The contents of this website are protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2012 Childrens Playtime Productions